Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A dash of colour in the kitchen...


I have painted kitchen cabinets. Apparently, I am in very good company. While browsing an English decor website, I stumbled upon the most beautiful kitchens with cabinetry painted in the freshest and prettiest of colours. Painted cabinetry is definitely gaining in popularity, however most homeowners "play it safe" and go for white or cream paint when selecting a finish. Some may add antiquing, but around these parts, I know of very few people who share my penchant for swathing their cabinetry in an actual colour. Who knew I'd have to cross the Atlantic to find kindred spirits...maybe it's within me to do this, given my heritage, but I'm willing to guess that there are a few like me on this side of the ocean who have stepped out of the confines of safety and painted their cabinetry glorious shades of colour. If so, I want to hear from you: send me your link to the photos of your kitchen and/or email me your photos (if you don't have a blog), and I will post all of your colourful kitchens later in the week.

I can't wait to see who shares my love of painted cabinets and who knows, maybe we'll encourage others to step out of their comfort zone. After all, our colourful kitchens certainly can't be accused of being cookie-cutter kitchens, can they??

Okay, a pink AGA range...ack!! I want one!!!!
Oh, and that pink cabinet...I'll have one of those, too!!
Look at this sea of pastel blue...heavenly, no?

I love this blue island...

Some green and yellow, too!! So pretty...

all above photos: House to Home.uk

above photo: source unknownphoto: www.bhg.com

photo: http://www.armstrong.com/

...and then my blue kitchen...again...I really need to take some updated photos...

***edited to add: email me your photos at linda@restyledhome.ca
 
coompax-digital magazine