Monday, September 20, 2010

Anthro Hack!


(image: George Marks: Getty Images)

Everyone loves Anthropologie, including me. But not everyone can afford to shop there, including me.
Because the nearest Anthro is a plane ride away from me, I don`t have to be tempted too often.
I told you about my first ever visit to the store here, and believe it or not, I am still waiting to hang my $24 tea towel in just the right spot. And when I say hang, I mean as art. Because who buys $24 tea towels to actually use?

So, the whole concept of not being able to buy the cool things they offer really got me thinking. Everything one has a twin somewhere, we all know that. And if people can have clones, then so can beautiful products.
Now, I am not going to try to convince the die-hard Anthropologie faithfuls. And those who sniff at decorating with knock-offs will sniff at my hack job. But for the rest of us, who make it our mission to achieve stylish looks for less, we can have just as much fun saving our money!

Anthro Hack #1

Take these two gorgeous pair of boots...


and meld them into this pair:


Both pairs of Anthro boots are over $200 each. And trust me, I would LOVE to own the first pair with the ruffles. Love them so much my husband even encouraged me to get them. But I found these at Target.

Leather? No. But they are gorgeous and masquerade as distressed leather and I love the orange along the zipper. And they cost $35!! For someone who doesn't wear boots all that often, they are a happy compromise.

What else does Target have? Well, I love this bedding from Anthropologie, but again the price is steep.


So I rooted around on the Target website and found this bedding:


I actually saw this bedding on the shelves of Target and the quality is nice. The Dwell line is great and Anthro fans might also enjoy the Liberty of London line:

I also found this sweater on the New York and Company website:


Tell me it is not prettier than this one from Anthropologie:


And don't get me started on Ruche, where you can get crazy-beautiful clothing that gives Anthropologie a serious run for its money! Priced reasonably, their clothing and website will amaze you!

(And no, I am not being paid for any of my recommendations. I am simply calling it as I see it!)
 
coompax-digital magazine