Friday, March 6, 2009

I Want What She Has...Part One

Dearest readers,

I have a crush that is making my heart ache every time I see images like this:
My good friend, Jeruasalem Greer, is the proud owner of this pretty dress form, all done up like a frothy, pink cupcake in vintage finery and layers of heavenly tulle. Seeing it makes my breath catch and heart race...just like a real-life, all-encompassing crush. I find my mind wandering ahead to the day when I might be lucky enough to have my very own. I even found a link to a round-up of fellow dress form owners. They are kind of like a secret club - and I want to join it.

So, if you would be so kind as to share any sources where I could hereby find one, I would be most appreciative. Please keep in mind I have a frugal budget, thus a full-on vintage judy might not be the one for me. Indeed, my crush might be a left-over dress form from a sewing shop or flea-market that does not look too modern. I like good grooming, though, so essence de mothball might leave me flat...

Please remember I am a Canadian girl; exhorbitant shipping costs are not in my future. So, in other words, my want ad reads like this:
Yearning for well-loved dress-form in need of a good home.
Tidy appearance and a willingness to travel internationally are a must.
Size does not really matter, but miniature versions need not apply.
Will be well-loved and adorned in finery.

Thank you for considering my request, and I look forward to your reply.
Warmest regards,

 
coompax-digital magazine