Thursday, May 29, 2008

Put it in the oven for baby and me...




I was inspired to show off these photos of my then two year-old daughter "baking" on my carpet. I remember this day so well. I had gone upstairs to find something, and when I came back down - lo and behold, there was my little one rolling out some icing sugar on my family room rug!! I had always kept my mostly untouched baking supplies in a lower drawer in my kitchen; and poor, little Sophie must have felt we needed something yummy to eat! Evidently, she shares my baking skills...why not roll out some icing sugar when the mood strikes?? I had the presence of mind to stifle my laughter (and surprise) and sneak away in search of my camera. I love the innocence and charm of these photos and I wish she was still as little, so I could give that sweet baby a big squeeze, and kiss those chubby cheeks...
I actually have a cake baking in the oven as I write this. Of course, never mind that it comes from a package, and the icing from a can...no icing sugar needed this time...!!!




 
coompax-digital magazine