Saturday, July 5, 2008

Calling all pool owners!!


photo above: Deborah Whitlaw Llewellyn

my pool

I love my pool. It is a 21 ft round, above-ground pool and it is all our family could possibly need. I don't know if it is because we had an above-ground model when I was young, but I can honestly say I have never coveted an in-ground one. Absolutely, an in-ground pool is the "gold standard" of pools. But, after house sitting/renting a home with one, I was completely overwhelmed with how difficult it is to vacuum it!! So... that and the obvious (money!), means I am perfectly content with my 48" deep model.

Have you ever noticed how rare it is to see photos or websites featuring images of pool areas centered around above-ground pools? There are plenty of inspiration photos of in-ground pools...but if you want decorating ideas for basic pool decks with more modest pools for more modest people, you might meet with some difficulty.

Decorating a pool deck is a lot of fun, and you can certainly create your own private oasis quite easily. Do you want proof? Well, I'd love you to send me your pool area photos - especially those of you with above-ground pools! Send me pictures of fun changing areas, poolside bars and lounging spots, themes you have gone with, and more! I will post all the photos and we will have a great opportunity to glean inspiration for our own (existing and future) pool areas. Don't be shy: no pool is too small to include. Even children's pools that have been set up with care and a little bit of colour will be fun to see!!
I have reposted some of the photos of my pool area. Now...send me yours!!

 
coompax-digital magazine