Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April Showers...of a different sort!

As I sit beside a hot fire, actually getting too hot, I am warm for the first time today. Spring has been a big dud so far, and the temperatures have sorely disappointed with the sun copping out and doing a miserable job at warming things up. So, to lift my spirits, I am going to indulge in some serious summertime daydreaming for a moment.
Although we finished most of out outdoor projects last year, given that our lot is quite small by most standards, I do still toy with the idea of adding an outdoor shower to our pool deck. Although my childrens' daily chlorine baths seems to substitute for proper dips in the tub during the summer, if I had an outdoor shower at the ready, I really wouldn't have to nag and quiz them on their state of summer cleanliness. I mean, come on...wouldn't one of these look so pretty in my pool area?
In all likelihood, the handyman (aka, my husband) will not go for it, for a variety of reasons, but I will not rest until I have a changing area on site. There is nothing worse than having wet bathing suits drip all over my wood floors, only for me to slip and fall on my creaky bones, which I have been known to do.


What could be more nautical than bold stripes? This is a great use of the area under the stairs. I am thinking these showers service a pool a little grander than my above ground model...

Last but not least, I love the whimsy of this outdoor bathing area. I personally wouldn't be caught dead soaking Al fresco like this, but for those of you a little more proud/brave than me, I say go for it! Looks wonderful, doesn't it?!

all images, Coastal Living.com


What's on your outdoor to-do list this summer?


 
coompax-digital magazine