Sunday, April 26, 2009

No Ordinary Boler...

If you are at all familiar with my blog, you know I am a big fan of camping. Each summer, I fuss over my little tent trailer/pop-up like it was a real vacation home. I have recovered the cushions, picked up fun accessories, doctored what I could and daydream about what else I can do to make it prettier. While the Airstream remains the coup of all campers, a close second would have to be the lovable, vintage Boler. As any Boler fan would tell you, owning a Boler puts one into a very select group. Pride of ownership shows for most every Boler that has been rescued and renovated, and seeing them bob happily down the highway brings a smile to any camping lover far and wide.
Typical Boler layout (above).
Both photos, above, found here.
I am happy to report that the Boler is a Canadian invention, as many great things are! With such vast, untouched wilderness and ocean access, camping is a very Canadian past time. Wouldn't we all enjoy camping in such great, portable summer homes?!

Shaggy, Velma? Can you believe this Mystery Mobile? You just know camping with these folks wouldn't be boring...!



Scooby Doo Boler photos source (above): Flickr.com

This Boler looks like a very fun, creative family bunks within:


Boler photos above: source, Flickr.com

Although I love the juicy orange of this Boler, if I had one, it would most definitely be painted in Robin's Egg Blue! Would you expect any less?

Orange Boler photos, source: Flickr.com

I love this vinyl flooring that these Boler owners are contemplating for their Boler:

Photo source: Flickr.com

Want to see more?

Check out this link to great Boler photos on Flickr!

Read the history of Bolers, here, or here! If you are thinking of joining the inside world of Boler owners, this site is a must see! Also, click on the links beneath each photo to be taken to the actual Flickr site.

Do you love your camper?

 
coompax-digital magazine