Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Easter Goodies

You have to love Better Homes and Gardens, and all of the wonderful inspiration they provide!Check out these little nests...and you know I love a good nest with some blue eggs... I even have one of those cupcake holders, so I think this masterpiece just might make it onto my Easter table this year.

In fact, the image below reminded me that I picked up some vintage Easter post cards that I would love to display. I even found the perfect way to do so over at Sarah's blog. I have a card holder that I only put to use at Christmas time, but a little spray paint might be the perfect trick to make it multi -purpose! It's just about that time to make some new spray paint spots on my hideous gravel drive-way. I have more than a few projects in mind!
(all images, above, courtesy: BHG.com)
This charming dress (below) is from Garnet Hill. Although I already have Sophie's Easter dress, I love the whimsy and charm of this one and can just picture it on a little girl with bare legs, running through the grass to find hidden Easter eggs. I'm dreaming again, as Sophie is more likely to be wearing rubber boots and mittens as she hunts for hers!!

Speaking of Easter eggs, I have a bone to pick with the makers of Cadbury chocolate! I have searched far and wide for their large Cadbury Easter eggs, with little bags of cream eggs (or any kind of eggs) tucked inside. To no avail. Am I to presume they no longer make their larger eggs? It was bad enough when they stopped selling their large-ish Easter rabbits! Is nothing sacred? What kind of bunny/egg am I supposed to put in their baskets now? A Lindt bunny? I don't think so...at $7.99 for a small, hollow bunny...well, that is just silly! Good chocolate is serious business in my house.

What about you, what do you put in your children's Easter baskets? Does the Easter bunny bring Cadbury chocolate to you and yours?
 
coompax-digital magazine