Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What's Old Is Not New Again...

I think it's fair to say I love vintage, vintage-inspired, and all that goes with it.

Take kitchen appliances:

I have stainless steel appliances and I am sooo over them. I bought mine before they came out with the no smudging properties, and I haven't been as good as I should be to keep them shined up. I still like how sleek and chic stainless looks, but this is where my heart lies:


(source: Country Living.com)

Now, I wouldn't go this vintage with the whole look of my kitchen. I like more of a modern country look. But, that pink fridge and vintage stove...so pretty. I am a bit doubtful of the function of the stove, though, but it makes for a pretty and nostalgic accessory, doesn't it? I think this next stove is entirely more useful, and just as pretty:




(source: Country Living.com)

I had a stove very much like this one in a former home:

(source: Coastal Living.com)

We never used it, but you can bet I was proud of it!

This is the baby I think of when I need to go to a "happy place":


(source: Big Chill)

Perhaps it will be in my next house.
Problem is they are over the $5000 mark, which just presses against my common sense button. I don't understand why manufacturers aren't coming out with a more affordable alternative. If they could do the harvest gold thing in the seventies, why won't they make a few retro models at a good price point and in my favourite shade of robin's egg blue? Is that too much to ask? Or is it that we are a fully-converted stainless steel society?

Are vintage appliances dead on arrival?\
Gasp!!

Would you go vintage, or is this more your cup of tea?

(source: Windsor Smith)


 
coompax-digital magazine