Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Seinfeldian Influence...

As an avid Seinfeld fan, sometimes I see glimpses of their lives reflected in my own.

For example:

Remember Jimmy? Who always referred to himself in the third person? As in, (Jimmy to Elaine): "You know...Jimmy is pretty sweet on you."

 Well, my Jimmy (The Handyman) refers to himself as "a fellow", as in "A fellow probably shouldn't eat three hamburgers in one sitting," and "A fellow should fire all of your junk in the garage onto the back of his truck and take it to the dump!"

 It makes me laugh every time!
(but not the junk part...)

And I also have a friend who has a "patented move" that she likes to bust out every now and then. She knows who she is; but like Elaine, she is pretty convinced it's a cool move!

 
And I have a favourite coffee shop with a favourite table...and I get quite put out when someone is sitting at it when I arrive. I have been known to race towards it if I see someone eyeballing it from their place in line.
 

Only mine's called Tim's and not Tom's (aka Monk's Cafe).
 
And remember the Soup Nazi? Well, my kids were so nervous to buy lunch from their elementary school cafeteria that they rarely did. My eldest used to stress about the "lunch ladies" and would be very careful to hand the exact change and step down the line quickly to avoid their wrath. They have my daughter so spooked, that she has NEVER ordered anything from the cafeteria!!
 
 
And Kramer is in my house sometimes. He comes bounding up the stairs when he wants "some food" and then disappears again with a huge thump, as he jumps the last two stairs...
 

And George? Well, remember George's noisy corduroys? I tease my friend when we walk because her sneakers squeak so badly that it always makes me think of George and his corduroys.


 
And I have a puffy coat, that really doesn't flatter me...
 

And everyone has a Bania, or can be a Bania, from time to time.

 
What about you, which character do you relate to most?
(My husband thinks I'm definitely an Elaine now and then)
 
Or does your life resemble another sitcom?
 
Everybody Loves Raymond?
Modern Family?
The Brady Bunch?
 
***********************************
 
And yes, I am fully aware that this post has nothing to do with decorating. But if you need it to be, then what do you think of Jerry's kitchen?
 

One more thing:
Please check out my friend P.J's new bathroom remodel (which she did a bang-up job on, I have to say!) and check out her give-away contest for up to three great prizes!! 
 
coompax-digital magazine