Thursday, February 18, 2010

Underneath it all...

As I look out under the piles of snow I had been fervently hoping for all of January, I find myself daydreaming of spring. This has not been a harsh winter here, by many standards, but it has been a dull one. Wildly fluctuating temperatures have felt like Mother Nature teasing us of what is to come. And so, as I walk through slushy streets and shovel off the porch, I allow my mind to wander to thoughts of winter's end.


photo source: Country Home.com

This will be the summer of backyard landscaping: those corners we have left untouched and where weeds have taken over the grass. I want flowers to flourish and mingle there instead and sweet pea to grow on a trellis. This will also be the summer of "the swing" and I will pester my husband to seek out strong beams from which to hang Sophie a swing from the porch ceiling. A paint job for my garden bench is in order and my urns to fill, yet again, with daisies.

 Maybe I will even plant a little of this:

Are you with me? Are you ready? Have you had your fill?
 
coompax-digital magazine