Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Murphy Bed...


I just realized I forgot to share the photos of my new Murphy bed the handyman made for me. With both our families living away, we really needed to eke out some sort of guest room and with no extra space hiding out anywhere, well, a Murphy Bed was our solution. Using the hardware kit from Lee Valley, the handyman loaded up his big a*s truck with wood and started working his handyman magic. I had shown him some photos of beds I liked, but he said he had it "all under control" and with the fancy pieces of moulding I saw poking out of his stash, I figured he just might.

Well, he worked away and before I knew it he was standing in front of me with a paint can and brush, passing off the proverbial handyman baton (he doesn't do paint), and with a sigh and a shuffle, off I went. I painted the outside, but the inside will have to wait. Also, I plan to wallpaper the area behind the bed, just to be all fancy-like. But I was too lazy to do it when I should have. Besides, Christmas shopping was calling to me, and would you rather paint/wallpaper or shop?

So here is the inside of the bed, in the "down-right" position:

 And this is how the bedding stays in place:

 And 2/2 guests report it is comfortable!

 
coompax-digital magazine