Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top Ten Projects of 2010

                            
In keeping with tradition, I have created a line-up of my favourite projects (decorating or personal) that I tackled in 2010. I didn't do as many hands-on projects this year, which I think is a reflection of the fact that we have been in this house longer than any other home we've had AND my having spent so much of the year in front of my computer...working.

Here is my list:

1.  My $65 bathroom make-over, inspired by the funky wallpaper, above.
 
2. My new "office", Les Nessman style: 
 (above photo, courtesty Matthew Mead)

3. Well, not so much a project, but still something new. My new Ikea chair, which my three cats haven't managed to ruin yet:
4. A little Halloween craft: 
 5. My dining area make-over. (Trying to get in touch with my more youthful side ;-)
With my new light from Ikea:

6. Decorating Sophie's playhouse for Christmas...why didn't I do this before now?



7. The free $10 light I made for my sister:

8. Christmas snow globes:

9. My Murphy Bed, built by the handyman!!

10. And last but definitely not least, I am so proud of my part in this:


I wrote a large number of the articles, tended the blog, tackled the many letters/emails and questions we received, and had so much fun on the photo shoots I was involved with here and here, and the many other duties that came with my position. Stay tuned to our blog for an exciting announcement (coming soon) about what is coming up next.

Happy New Year, everyone! 
Thank you for following along with my decorating and family adventures in 2010 and I am so grateful for your kind comments, emails and friendship. That is what truly makes blogging a gift.


 
coompax-digital magazine