Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking back and moving forward

Well hello! Hope your New Year’s Eve was great! We spent a very low key evening at home, and it was perfect. (Have I mentioned we’ve become complete homebodies??)

I’m loving all the recaps of the year all over blogland over the past week, and I wanted to chime in with a couple more of my own.

First of all, I have to thank my lovely blog friends – ALL of you who link TDC. I truly, truly appreciate it. I can’t tell you the thrill I get when I’m blog-hopping and I see that you’ve linked to my site.

It’s still surreal. :)

I wish I could link to you all, but in the interest of time and space, I’m listing my top ten blog referrers for the year:

LOVE THESE WOMEN. This year, I’ve roomed with two of them and met (and had a blast with) four others. I hope to meet the last four this year! (Wanna come over ladies??)

I had fun looking through Google Analytics and figuring out the top posts of the year (not all were written in 2010!):

  1. 7. Christmas tree party
    8. The hardest easiest DIY wreath ever
    9. Make a sofa table for under $20
    10. DIY drum shade chandelier

FUN! I love this stuff! :)

I’m so excited about 2011 (have to get used to writing that!) and all it will bring. Looking forward, I plan on continuing the Before and After Party the first Monday of every month:

beforeAndAfterButton

To see all of the parties from 2010, click here.

I failed miserably at my Tool School series last year. (Hangs head in shame.):

TDC_toolSchoolButton

But I am determined to be better about it this year! I hope to share my favorite tools, how to use them, and the basic gadgets you should have around the house to accomplish your own DIY projects.

I’ve got some more fun stuff coming in the new year! First of all -- if you are human and breathing, you most likely have an overwhelming desire to throw out half of the stuff in your house and clean every little crevice right now. :) I’m with you. I got you. I’ve already taken two car loads to Goodwill in the past week.

It feels amazing!!!

I’m planning another organization party – it will probably be later this month. I just have to get a button made and then I’ll announce it. I’ll make sure to give you time to prepare, but I’ll be harassing you plenty between now and then so no worries. :) Just be sure to take a before picture before you get all productive, OK? (I luuuurve before pictures!!)

And back by popular demand, I’ll be hosting another Goodwill party as well! It’s been a while since I’ve shared some of my finds, and I’m really looking forward to seeing your treasures and transformations.

Finally, I want to thank you all again – this blog wouldn’t be here without you tuning in and reading my ramblings. Well…it may be here, but I’d be talking to myself. A lot.

It’s been an amazing, unbelievable year for Thrifty Decor Chick. I pinch myself at the fun I’ve had, the connections I’ve made, the opportunites I’ve experienced.

IT HAS BEEN A BLAST.

Thank you so very much. :)

 

P.S. The January Before and After Party will go up on Monday – hope you can join in!

 
coompax-digital magazine