Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Not your Granny's wallpaper...

We finally have a sunny day and I feel inspired to create something...do a project. I have been saving my pennies for an upcoming trip with my mum for Mother's Day, so I decided that anything I do will be "on the cheap", which is really my favourite kind of project. I have a million plans swirling around in my head, but most of them involve my long-suffering hubby; and when I have mentioned some of them lately, he throws up his hand with a warning look (I'm sure those of you with handy hubbies know which look I am referring to). Sooo, being an independent project girl, off I went to the scrapbook store today and spied these lovely papers, which in turn, inspired me to take on a wee project.

I spotted this beauty of a paper, and it instantly brought to mind vintage wallpaper, without the price tag (and, sometimes, smell!!). It is literally pathetic how easy I made this project (cutting without a straight edge, using tape instead of an adhesive spray...basically cutting corners) but when I set my mind to something, I don't necessarily want to wait for all the right supplies. Sometimes if I wait, I lose my crafting mojo!! You know what I mean?

Here is the before shot of my glass cabinet (it is a bit messy, too):


...and here is the after:

Now for a close-up:


Pretty, no? Now to figure out what to do with the rest of the papers...stay tuned!
 
coompax-digital magazine