Thursday, August 14, 2008

It was called yellow...

photo: J.Crew

I have written about the colour yellow before. It is a colour that I am well familiar with, having used it in my previous homes with little restraint. However, it occurred to me recently, that I have very little yellow anymore. I think it is simply a symptom of overuse. While I have tired a bit of using yellow in my home, I still light up when I encounter it in other's homes or in home decor shops. The energy yellow emits is intoxicating, and I truly consider it the "wake-up" colour. In fact, from the morning sun... to the pale, yellow of fluffy scrambled eggs... to the school bus I send my kids off on... yellow represents fresh starts, and enlivens your home in a way many other colours fail to do.
I guess I have moved on, so to speak. Looking around, it seems I have traded in my love of yellow for an unabashed penchant for blue. While this infidelity was never planned...it appears it is now a permanent relationship, and I am left to wonder when I will grow tired of all of these shades of blue. If so, which colour will be my new colour crush? Either way, it will have to wait until I move again before it reveals itself to me...!!

What about you? What's your colour crush of the moment??

 
coompax-digital magazine