Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmastime's a Comin'

Yes, Christmas is coming, but there are a few things that have to happen before I bring out the decorations. First is my birthday (today), where I am going to enjoy being spoiled rotten by my husband and family. I am not really a presents girl, although I have already received some beauties from some friends (a glittered tree and brown, floral rubber boots), and of course, the recessed panelling that my sweet husband installed for me as my birthday present. I finished painting the front entry panelling yesterday, and I am a happy girl. For some reason, my husband has been very agreeable to my building projects lately, so to return the favour I cooked up his favourite meal yesterday: my famous meatloaf with all the trimmings! I know how to keep him happy, too, and it really does make him putty in my hands! Being the birthday girl and all, I also get my favourite meal tonight - Chinese take-out. Can a birthday get any better?
yep, they're all ours...
This weekend also calls for the annual Christmas parade in my town, and it is the official kick-off to Christmas for me. I will bring out the candy canes that I have stowed away, and on Monday I will begin the decorating process. I will then take the kids to the mall to select names from the Salvation Army tree, and they will help me pick out the gifts, one for each of their ages. I am also looking forward to Sophie's Christmas concert, as the boys have moved on to Junior High, where such a thing is no longer done...not cool, I guess.

By the way, thanks for all of your fashion advice! Heaven knows I need it sometimes, and looking at my pasty, white legs, I don't know if there is enough self-tanner on earth to darken up my gams!!
I just had to share this picture of my "baby" sleeping last night as I went in to check on her...

I will now share more Christmas inspiration to help get you into the mood for the holidays:
photo: BHG.com
photo: Pottery Barn.com

above two photos: Room Service Home

 
coompax-digital magazine