Monday, November 10, 2008

Shadow boxing...


Liz at Violet Posy, is hosting a round-up of easy and inexpensive craft ideas that you can keep for yourself or gift to others. Although I haven't ventured into the holiday crafting scene yet, I did scroll though my archives for a craft idea that I was quite pleased with. It involves a shadow box from the Dollar Store; various Christmas decorations, trinkets, etc.; vintage or new holiday cards/postcards; and a little paint and glitter. Your imagination is your friend for this craft, and it is a great project to do with your kids, friends, and family.




(my mum made the one above)


If you are wondering how I made the coloured bottle brush trees (above), I pass the torch of pride over to Sarah of The Misadventures of Mama and Jack, who is brilliantly creative, and whom I happily copied step by step. You can copy her, too, by going here. If you are smart, you will go through her archives for more evidence of her creative (and often frugal) genius...you'll be greatly inspired!
Don't forget to check out Liz' other crafty participants!!
 
coompax-digital magazine