Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sending out an S.O.S....and a few thanks.


I am not one to gussy myself up too often, but I picked up this dress on sale last year and have yet to wear it. First of all it requires baring one`s arms, and I don`t do that very happily, especially this time of year! I did manage to pick up a silky, cotton sweater to conceal what needs concealing, and also found these shoes: I love them for all their girly charm, and although they are probably going to have my feet very mad at me, I will take one for the team! When I tried on my ensemble, my little Sophie breathed in with admiration and such excitement that her boring mum had finally donned something glitzy and a wee bit glamorous! I can actually say I am looking forward to dressing up for a change. In fact, I feel positively excited about it, if not to please my daughter alone!! But I need your help: what colour hose/stockings do I wear with it? I am not a fan of beige/nude stockings. I feel all granny when I picture them, and granny style is not what I am aiming for! So, all you fashionistas, if you actually aren`t snorting with laughter at my country bumpkin dilemma, would you give me your two cents?

************************************************



You all know I am a very bad blogger when it comes to awards. I am always happy to receive them and do try to make sure I thank the bestower as soon as I find out, but ~sigh~ inadvertently sometimes miss the chance to leave my thanks in a timely fashion, and even forget altogether! I am horridly forgetful and lazy about passing them on, and have stated before that I thus do not deserve any awards at all!! However, some of you have either overlooked my faults and/or have been kind enought to forgive me and awarded me them anyway. I am very grateful for your kindness and have spent altogether too much of my Saturday evening frantically going back through the comments and my emails for signs of unrecognized awards. If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know, and I will make amends...somehow! Without further adieu, I hereby thank the following:

Madeline of Newly Nesting awarded me this one:


Her blog is a treat and I love her approach to sharing her life, home and thoughts and tips on nesting.


Lanette at Cottage Elements and Cheryl of Cheryl`s Fascinating Finds and Karin of The Style Sisters passed on the Kreative Blogger award to me. These ladies are all on my must-read list and I have enjoyed all of the inspiration they share.

The following awards were given to me by: Stephanie at The World of Princess S.

Stephanie has sweetly given me two...she really must not have heard how bad I am at passing them on...Check out her blog...she is a great writer, and you all know I love a blog with great writing.

And in true bad blogger form, I will put off awarding the honours until another day. I promise!!

 
coompax-digital magazine