Sunday, December 14, 2008

A little look-see...

One of my favourite decorations...

Can't beat glitter and bottle brush trees...

Since I feel like I showed you more than enough photos of my holiday decor last year, I will only show a couple more. Last fall, after re-doing my master bedroom, I couldn't bring myself to do anything too festive to the space so soon. This year, however, all bets were off, and I brought out the quilt my mother gave to me a few years ago. It is toile on one side, and red ticking stripe on the other. I also hung red toile curtains I bought four years ago and only hang for the holidays.

Because we quite literally live in our living room, I focus most of my decorating efforts on that zone. My mantel, of course, is a focal point and I really enjoy taking care in "festooning" it.


I also am happy with the holiday view from my sofa. I lit my banister and the light flickers against the profiles I made earlier in the year.

I think these two (all gussied up for Sophie's Christmas concert) make the living room look even better. Now we are officially finished with all concerts and basketball games until after Christmas. Now is the time for wrapping, baking (?), getting together with friends, and waiting for Santa. It feels like Christmas...

************************************

If you want to see more holiday tours, check out Julia's Hooked on Houses blog for some great decorating ideas. And if that's not enough for you, head on over to Boo Mama for more!!

 
coompax-digital magazine