Thursday, December 11, 2008

Decking the Halls!


I am almost finished...almost finished shopping, almost finished decorating. They say almost doesn't count, but what do they know?
We decorated our tree on Sunday, and it is teeming with ornaments! Perhaps my tradition of gifting the children with new ornaments each year since birth is starting to bite me. I did pick up these Santa babies for myself at a local thrift shop. They fit over the mini lights and are vintage (at least as vintage as the introduction of mini-lights goes!). They have become my new favourite find of the holiday shopping season. Moving outside...(I know, I know...that cord is ugly, but what's a girl to do?)


For my porch this year, I went with a chandelier inspired theme..very sparkly with subdued colours (cream, green, gold). I covered my porch Santa with a taupe and cream plaid blanket in lieu of a new coat.

I got this sparkly beauty early in the season... and it inspired these:


My husband made these pedestals to place my newly repainted urns (from black to taupe) on. I told him I wanted "trimmed out boxes with tin fronts" and this is what he designed for me. They are my Christmas gift from him. He is also making me a bench, as soon as I sketch out what I have in mind. He also laid a new flagstone walkway for me (earlier in the season), as I couldn't take another day with my ugly gravel. The driveway will be a summer project...
Back inside, I am loving my chandelier all dolled up with these faux mercury glass ornaments and sparkly additions:

My mantel is pretty much the same as last year. I tried changing it up, but I didn't love the alternatives as much as the original. I thought about making a garland like these ones, over at Nesting Place, but knew I was altogether too lazy!!I did change over to a new bell garland that my sister bought me for my birthday. I LOVE that garland...it is so jingly and sparkly and makes me think she is just the best sister ever!!

*******************************************************

That's it for now. I'll show you more, soon! Now head on over to Mrs. Limestone's amazingly beautiful blog and check out her holiday give-away and Christmas house tours!

 
coompax-digital magazine