Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A centerpiece...and I'm a guest blogger!


Is it vain to report that the Thanksgiving turkey I cooked yesterday was the best I ever ate? Of course it is, but I think lying is a bigger sin so I am taking the vanity route! I treat holiday turkey dinners with reverence, and will not eat turkey in between Thanksgiving and Christmas (that's a span of more than two months here!) because I want the taste of the meal to be special. Because the handy man and I don't really exchange gifts, our gift is the meal!

We're simple people...

Remember I said I was going to attempt to replicate the holiday centerpiece found here? Well, don't compare too closely, but here is my version (with the assistance of my girlie). If you don't like it, you can go ahead and blame her. I'm all about blaming the children...


Somehow things didn't look this pretty when we were all finished...


*****************************************
Now, if you want to see what other crafting I've been up to, just head on over to
Mrs. Limestone's where I am guest blogging today. While you're there, be sure to take the tour of her gorgeous Brooklyn Limestone. Be forewarned: you might be a teensy bit depressed after!!
 
coompax-digital magazine