Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bountiful table...



Before you ask, this is not my house...though I am making a similar centerpiece for our holiday meal!

It is Thanksgiving  here in the Great North. A full month ahead of our U.S. friends, Thanksgiving in Canada finds us tucking in to a delicious turkey dinner while the leaves still cling to the trees in full colour. Pumpkins are literally being harvested and you can take a disoriented turn through corn fields masquerading as mazes. Pies are made from apples newly plucked from the trees, and sweaters are warmth enough for an after dinner stroll - designed to create room in our bellies for the desserts heaped on tables heaving from prosperity. Which brings me to the essence of the holiday: giving thanks for the people, the blessings, and the nourishment we are so fortunate to have before us.

My motto for this holiday, and one I try to remember each day, is the one found at the bottom of my blog:

If you haven't got all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don't have, that you don't want.
-unknown-
 
coompax-digital magazine