Monday, October 26, 2009

Take a Bow Tuesday...





This week was easy. Everyone seems to be in creative overload.
I suppose it's that fall itch - everyone feels like nesting more and the kids are back to school - and, of course, the upcoming holidays.
Whatever the reason, I'm glad; and so will you be when you catch sight of these great ideas:

  • Even the title of this blog is creative: High Heeled Foot in the Door. Doesn't that just make her sound young and hip? If I was naming my blog like that I'd have to go with reasonably ugly sensible shoe in the door or something like that.
I digress...

Because she is young and hip, of course she'd have to be creative, too! Check out her oh-so-fun and practical folding chair make-over! I like this lady...she doesn't pick up a sewing needle the entire time!! My kind of girl...

  • Lisa of Moore Minutes proves you can never see enough great beadboard installations. Here she added it to her dining area and it took it from good to great...heck, even fabulous! You know how we decorating types like to use the word fabulous...well Lisa's new dining room makeover is definitely worthy of that title!
  •  
  • Behold my final fall project feature: Stephanie of the Whispering Creek House made the most beautiful fall pumpkin chandelier! I love the simplicity of it and how naturally festive it is. Why is it my last fall craft project? Because I am Canadian, and after Halloween is over, we get to move right into Christmas!
The benefits of an October Thanksgiving...

I.  LOVE.  IT.

I have always wanted to install one of those; now I have found someone who I can ask the how's and where's of the project if and when I ever get the opportunity to add one to my home!

Of course, that would mean building again...

  • And last but not least, Kim, of Twice Remembered, has me absolutely and totally obsessed with finding a vintage gumball machine for my kitchen! We love gum in this house, so I have been casually searching for one to use for the obvious reason. However, after resting my eyes on Kim's round-up of wonderful ways to trick out a gumball machine, I am driven by a newfound passion: must find gumball machine!!
Just in case you were wondering, my birthday's coming up. Feel free to send me one as a gift. I'd be happy to take it off your hands...!!!

 Now, take a bow ladies!!!
 
coompax-digital magazine