Monday, December 21, 2009

Better belated than never...

When Sophie asked for a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory party, fear struck my heart after doing a quick online search of similar themed parties and discovering mothers who major in party planning and invest what must be months into planning their children's parties. While I enjoy throwing a fun party for my kids, I am no match for such herculean efforts.

Here is my feeble attempt at creating a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory party for Sophie several weeks ago. I am a bit late in posting about it...

Games: Veruca Salt bubble gum blowing contest:


Candy-themed everything:











Instead of lucky napkin or cup, we hid golden tickets that Sophie created a few minutes before the party began. What can I say? A December birthday competes for my attention and time.

The cake is home-made, actually, and topped with icing flowers left over from the magazine shoot of her playhouse (I carefully froze them for later use):





Notable? No. But relatively fun, and easy!
 
coompax-digital magazine