Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Wanna Hold Your Hand...

School Christmas concerts.





If it wasn't for my little girl, Sophie, they wouldn't be a part of my holiday social schedule. And trust me, my holiday social schedule is pretty weak, at best. So, as I walked towards the growing line-up of cold people waiting to get inside the school (dumb, DUMB idea...but that's another story) and secure a decent seat, my little one reached for the warmth of my hand, a symbol that she is mine and I am hers and that simple connection will keep us bound. As I warned of puddles that would splatter onto her pristine white tights and coat, she skipped along beside me.


There is nothing better than seeing a child skip, is there?
Unless, of course, that child's small hand is clasped in yours.

Honestly, it is moments like that that make me so happy to be a mum.
And that is why I make no Christmas gift lists for myself.

Healthy, happy kids that I can keep safe, warm and fed.


Who needs more?

*************************************

(I can't resist sharing these):




 
coompax-digital magazine