Monday, March 22, 2010

Bite Your Tongue!

During my semi-restful week off with my children, during which we mostly stayed close to home and enjoyed glorious spring-like weather, I took some time and read some brain candy.


One really stellar bit of knowledge-sharing I discovered, whilst engaged in this reading pursuit, was this comment from Gisele Bundchen (super-model, wife of Tom Brady, genetically blessed):

"I think a lot of people get pregnant and decide they can turn into garbage disposals. I was mindful about what I ate, and I gained only 30 pounds."

(can you say smugly annoying?)

I guess those who gain more are just slobs.

Because, come on, she must know what she is talking about, right? Kind of like this supermodel who is a furniture designer, apparently.

Lessons learned:

1. supermodels bring out the snark in me (can't imagine why?)
2. my time is much better spent reading real books and BLOGS
3. You can't blame the need to "lose a few" on birthing children who are now 9 years old.

What?

Who said that?

 
coompax-digital magazine