Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood...



Yesterday was a great day. A simple day, but one that was filled with the things that fill you up inside and make you count your blessings, whatever they may be.

Things like:
  • Taking a brisk, long walk with a good friend...chatting, laughing, breathing in the now crisp, autumn air. I love exercising outdoors...can't be beat!
  • Rescuing my cat from the roof...all by myself!! Let me tell you, it involved danger!!
  • Washing slipcovers, and hanging them on the line. Finally, some good clothes-drying weather is here, and the wrinkles just dance themselves out!
  • Strawberries and yogourt for lunch. Perfect, sweet/tart berries and the creamiest yogourt money can buy...yum!
  • Found: a new "fall-ish" flag, and some decorations unearthed. Waited for my girlie to come home to help me. I laughed at her delight!
  • My husband - returned from a short work trip. Back to tea on the porch swing, papa bear's chair filled again, and that perfect someone to plant my newly cold toes on at night.
  • This for dinner: new, baby potatoes, fresh beans (finally) cooked just right, mushrooms and onions, and grilled pork chops on the BBQ. I love potatoes the way every full-blooded Irish girl should...so does my daughter...good girl!
  • Fresh-baked bread, from my bread machine to the oven. My boys think I "rock" for making this. I know the way to a boy's heart...
  • Kids all tucked in, the perfect bowl of popcorn to share, a generous glass of my favourite/cheap bubbly, and this show:

The perfect setting to let the heckling begin!!

*********************************************************
Oh, I almost forgot! Look what Amy at One Day at a Time made for me. She was so excited about winning one of the prizes from my recent give-away, that she figured I needed a coronation or something! Looks like Matthew Mead isn't the only one sporting a crown...!!


Thanks Amy!!

 
coompax-digital magazine