Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Seasons Change...

Well, the boxes were finally cracked on my fall decorations, and the first place I addressed was my fireplace mantel. Considering I hadn't dressed it up for summer, a change was long over-due. My fireplace is visible from every corner and is truly the focal point of my living room (considering my puny television is hidden away in an armoire...sooo passé). Thus, the time was right for a little decorating make-over!
I have to say, I am pretty pleased with the outcome. I incorporated many of my favourite things: my vintage chemist's bottles, my new/old platter, my love of crows, apothecary vases, and nests, and stepped out of my usual colour palette, and injected a modest splash of autumn's signature colour:
Of course I kept a little blue in the mix...

My love of crows at this time of year is legendary, so I figured he deserved to be elevated on a sweet, little cake platter. I love cake platters...


I thought I'd show you another little fall vignette. Don't be too dazzled by my artistic skills. I can hook you up with an original drawing of that pumpkin if you like...

 
coompax-digital magazine