Monday, September 15, 2008

Leaping into Fall...

photo source: Country Living.

I have done this before on my own porch, using a vintage tartan picnic tin basket. Hmmm...might be time to do it again!!

There is nothing like a little fall weather to get one in the spirit for decorating. But, for some strange reason I have yet to venture down to the basement to poke around in my fall/Halloween decorations. I keep threatening to, but I am feeling a tad uninspired to do so. Part of the problem is that my house (inside) really doesn't lend itself all that well to the warm, rich colours of autumn, and it is too early to decorate for Halloween. Now, I know a lot of you have jumped right into Halloween, but we Canadians are more hesitant to do so, until Thanksgiving is over. We celebrate our Thanksgiving in early October, so we tend to hold off bringing out the orange and black until after the holiday.
photo: Seasons of Cannon Falls: River House

I did venture out to the shops today in search of a new, fall flag. I am extremely picky about flags, as I don't like anything too cutesy, and yet I do like the sight of a flag blowing in the wind. Unfortunately, I found nothing I liked, so again I hit a fall decorating roadblock! Oh well, off to Halifax I go on Friday, so we will see what they have to offer.

outside my home, Fall 2007

I thought had better offer up some fall decorating inspiration to inspire me and those of you who are in the same boat. Hopefully, these images will light a fire under me, and lead me down the stairs to the boxes awaiting me...

*********************************************

**For those of you who are wondering about the blue pumpkin on the mantel, in my banner photo above, I created it last fall - when faced with the challenge of decorating a beach-inspired palette with shades of orange and yellow. You can read about it here: http://restyledhome.blogspot.com/2007/09/losing-wood-blue-pumpkins-and-scary.html

 
coompax-digital magazine