Monday, September 22, 2008

Stop and Stare...


In the world of design, some things are just so jaw-dropping in their beauty and creativity. Mind you, it often takes a little less to dazzle me, as my expectations are fairly simple. I want imaginative, I want pretty, and it has to make my heart do a little flip. Cost is irrelevant (you know what I mean), while thinking outside of the proverbial box always impresses me.


Here are a few things that have wowed me lately, and inspired me to do a few projects of my own:


This gorgeous letter M would be perfect for the space above my sofa (my wallpapered feature wall, if you will..). They even sell them in the most delicate shade of blue. Check them out here. Their website is amazing!!
This room inspires me to take another look at my painted furniture. Hmmm...which pieces could stand a little jolt of colour?? I love the entire colour scheme. Maybe Sophie's room could use a little refreshing??

photo: source unknown

This gorgeous built-in cabinet has me craving one for my own home. Luckily for my husband, our home is too small for such a project. Maybe in the next house?? I can, however, display dishes in some of these beautiful colours on the open shelving in my kitchen...

This lovely, old vessel would be perfect in front of my living room window. It would be the ideal spot for seasonal displays. My junking senses are tingling...

Doesn't this decadent table skirt remind you of a couture garment that Carrie Bradshaw (from SATC) would wear?? I, too, could channel a little "Carrie" if I owned it... (FYI: I'm probably more of a Charlotte).

photo: Martha Stewart.com

Lastly, I am bowing down to the folks over at Pottery Barn:

I. Want. This. Badly!!!

And I actually have the perfect spot for it!!!

 
coompax-digital magazine