Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tidying up some loose ends...

I have had a few question, lately, and am just now getting around to answering them. Please excuse my tardiness; but if you know me personally, I can run a little late sometimes...
Q. What's the paint color on your wall in the chair picture? I love it!
A. Thanks, Kara. The colour of my dining area, bedroom, living room, and front entry and hall is Silver Sage, by Restoration Hardware. I should get a gift card or something for all the times I have mentioned their colour and sent folks their way...


Q. I have been making bread for J because of his allergies. But I can never get it light and fluffy! Do tell...how do you do it?
A. Well, I'm not sure anyone has ever told me my bread is light and fluffy, but no one's ever complained either. I simply fire all the ingredients into my bread machine and then pop the dough (which I let rise for 30 min.) into the oven. Believe me, I have zero tricks up my sleeve...


Q. What kind of bread machine do you have?
A. I have a Black and Decker model, which I purchased back in 1998. So, all things considered, it was a great purchase!!


Q. Where did you get that adorable cat rug?! Can't believe nobody has asked yet...

A. Yes, I love that rug, too!! I am fairly certain I picked it up at Winners/Homesense a few years ago. It would have definitely been under $15, as I rarely pay much more than that ($25 at the most!) for seasonal accessories. I am soooo sensible...yuk, yuk!!

Q. Where and what is Winners/Homesense? (no one actually asked me that question, but I've been asked it before...I'm all about trouble shooting!).

A. Winners/Homesense is the Canadian equivalent to TJ MAXX, and I am beginning to guess, HomeGoods?? It is really the BEST place to go for bedding, accessories, and the like. Their catch phrase is "Winners...you should go", and you really should!! Another plug!! I think I need a gift card from them, too!!
******************************************************

I have a few thankyou's to hand out:

Tania, from Willibleu, awarded me with this :

As I told Tania, I am always amazed that people actually come by to read what I have to say!! Honestly, I'm pretty boring, and often fall short on stimulating conversation when in group settings. I guess it comes from years of being shy as a child, and from preferring to let others take the spotlight in social settings. I have a very outgoing husband, who can chat with anyone, young or old, and I basically plead with him before we go out, to not wander away...until I have found someone to chat comfortably with!

I also want to thank anyone who has given me awards recently, and to ask their forgiveness for my forgetting to play along. I am terrible with awards, and honestly, they are best bestowed upon others who are more deserving and punctual!! I also want to express my appreciation for any and all compliments or awards you have given me. Blog compliments are the best kind of compliments - because then you don't have to see me blush and make some stupid remark to cover up my embarrassment and awkwardness. I get this trait from my mum!!! She is the queen of brushing off compliments out of shyness!!
 
coompax-digital magazine