Monday, October 27, 2008

All Hallow's Eve...

Doesn't everyone have a pet crow? I have had this "caged crow" for a few years, now, and love hanging from my porch.

I plopped this wig on this glass head and it is one of my kids' favourites. Easy peasy decorating!!

It's almost here...soon bags of candy will be stuffed in our children's closet - wrappers will be found under beds, on every flat surface, tucked under pillows, stuffed into pockets. Pumpkins need carving, candles bought, costumes need to be rustled up. For kids, it is a magical day. Honestly, could it get any better than being out after dark, endless treats, and a good game of dress-up? For me, the fun is also in the planning: pizza for a quick supper, costumes layed out on beds, and decorations of course...
A rather unassuming Mona Lisa...

...and her more sinister twin:
(I got this at Zellers (Cdn), and the image changes as you pass by)

I had promised to show you what my mum, Sophie and I made on our annual girls crafting night. Normally, I am very prepared with all the supplies in order. This year, I was betwixt and between over what to make. I saw this fun skeleton over at Julie's blog, and decided on the spot that it was perfect for us: a little glitter, a little happy spookiness, and easy to boot. I hunted down some miniature skeletons and ended up buying a garland of them at Walmart for $4 each. I cut up my garland and decided to instead hang them individually on my Halloween tree, and this is what I ended up with:
I used my crown stamp on some cardstock, and then cut it carefully out, glittered it, and hot-glued it to my skeleton. I have three with crowns, each wearing a framed B or O to spell BOO, of course! For the others, I used a witch hat stamp and also glittered the bones a little to give some added sparkle.

Here are some more "pretties" hanging on my tree:



******************************************************


Don't forget about the pumpkin decorating contest with Ki...awesome prizes...yours for the taking...and only four days left!!

 
coompax-digital magazine