Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Flippin' Out!

Well, you may or may not be wondering where I've been and what I've been up to. This poor, little blog has been a tad neglected lately, as other things in my life have required more of my attention and concentration. A while ago, I alluded to you that I was working on a special project involving a client of a very personal nature: me. Well, after spending a hectic weekend finishing up the project, I will share a few photos. This project involved renovating and refreshing a little, humble house that had been long neglected and violated by some very unworthy owners. Our hope is that new, caring owners will come along and settle in and respect it, as every older house deserves. Each and every corner was scrubbed of its filth, repaired, painted, refinished and restyled (of course!) by the splintered, weathered hands of my hard-working handyman and his loyal wife...me!!
Here are some before and afters of the downstairs living area:




My hard-working husband built an entirely new kitchen himself which included new custom cabinets, countertop, flooring, lighting, and backsplash, and more.

Kitchen sink area before:

during:

After:
Stove area, during:

After:

From Kitchen into foyer, before: After:


Kitchen into laundry area, before:

During:

After:

Mudroom before:

Mudroom, after:

Laundry area before (which wasn't actually a laundry area at all):


During:

After:



Stairway, before:



After:



What do you think?
**********************************
More to come later!

This post is linked to  this great round-up:


http://bethcrabtreehunter.blogspot.com/2009/11/wahoo-its-finally-here-and-i-happen-to.html

 
coompax-digital magazine