Friday, May 22, 2009

Hooked on Lemonade Stands

Haven't we all set up a lemonade stand as children, hoping to make enough money to buy a treat from the ice-cream man who rolled into our neighbourhood to our c omplete delight? I admit I didn't engage in too many attempts at this early form of entreneurship, but I did try my hand at it. Often, I wouldn't pick my times well, or I'd be sabotaged by a neighbourhood girl who had a prettier stand. I'd be left with warm Tang or too sweet lemonade (with the odd tiny fly floating in it) and sticky cups I had to then wash (we never seemed to have disposable cups). Still, it was fun while it lasted and nothing beat hearing the clink of a few coins in my can when I'd manage a sale. All this ended when we moved to the country/sticks, where a girl could burn to a crisp waiting for a car to go by...







A couple of summers ago, a friend brought me back to those memories with a simple phone call. She called to tell me she had found a beautiful lemonade stand for me to give to my daughter. Her little girls often set up a makeshift stand, as they have prime real-estate for lemonade sales. She let me know she was buying one for her girls, and it was crafted in a TIKI style!! Well, el pronto, I told her to fire one in her car for me!! When she brought it to me, it was better than I had ever imagined a lemonade stand could possibly be. Visions of Sophie and her friends selling lemonade to the construction workers nearby -we live in a developing subdivision- popped into my mind and all the money we (oops, I mean she) could make!!

I'd love to show you a photo of it, and I will..once we have our inaugural sale of the season! For now, I'll just leave you with visions of lemonade stands that, with all their beauty, would guarantee big lemonade sales!! Why don't you and your little one(s) set up a stand yourself. Just for goodness sake, don't embarrass yourself by getting caught with your hands in the money jar...or flirting with the male customers! Oh, and buy some disposable cups...and another thing...you would look very pretty if you threw on one of those vintage aprons! Just make sure someone takes a picture...it would make a great scrap-booking page!!!
Now, check out Julia's Hooked on Fridays party for more fun posts!
 
coompax-digital magazine