Monday, May 18, 2009

Turning Blue...

(Above photo: source unknown)
I have never been one to become fixated on a colour or colour scheme. Yet slowly, ever so slowly, shades of blue have infiltrated nearly each and every one of the rooms in my home. Although I don't set out to continue to expand on this palette, I find myself naturally gravitating to objects and fabrics in shades of aqua, especially when it is paired with orange, bright yellow, or reds. Try as I might, I have never been able to fully embrace bold colour in my own home, instead seeking out quieter colour - perhaps to balance out the tempo of our family life. The right colour calms me, just as zestier shades energize me. I believe the colours we choose to dress ourselves in and adorn our homes with tells a lot about us. Lucky for you, I'm not so deep as to attempt that self-analysis. Because really, does it matter why I love watery blues so much? I think these photos provide reason enough...!
source: pietboon.com

source: windsorsmith.com


source: katrincargill.com

photographer: Jean Allsopp


Has your colour crush remained the same?


 
coompax-digital magazine