Thursday, June 25, 2009

Nautical By Nature...

(all images, Coastal Living.com)

As I chill out to the drone of my newly re-installed air conditioner, I am led to thoughts about the importance of keeping cool in the summer. While this summer has been highly anticipated after the long snowy winter we had, one only has to suffer through a day or two of high humidity and temperatures to crave cool breezes and/or a refreshing dip. While my pool is a bit too cool for me to take a dip just yet, I have done plenty of life-guarding for my more hardy offspring.

As I sat on the lounge chair today - sweat trickling down my lip and hair growing frizzier by the second - I tried to distract myself from my raging inner thermostat by planning how I can pretty up my pool deck. Things are almost complete on the little change house/area the handyman built, the flowers have been planted in their pots, and I have picked up some nautical accessories from my local vintage store. Still, I am pining for a more beachy feel, cooler colours and snappy style.

Basically, I am craving a little bit of this:

nautical done well,

and pretty on the inside and out!

If the threat of rain and the incessant humidity ever subsides, I will finish up my projects and share them with you. Stay cool!!

********************************************

Head on over to Julia's Hooked on Fridays event for more creative ideas from your favourite bloggers (and some sure to become favourites!).

 
coompax-digital magazine