Sunday, June 21, 2009

Run Daddy, Run!!


Remember last year, when I ran what felt like a marathon, but was actually just 5K (~3 miles)? Well, that time rolled around again today, and my boys all laced up their sneakers and ran their part. Our two sons ran the 5k student challenge (in 22 and 23 minutes, respectively), and the handyman ran the half marathon...his idea of a great Father's Day (go figure...).

Did I run?
Well, no.
The reasons? You decide:

a) an injury sustained during training?
b) heel trauma induced by a cheapskate pedicure?
c) someone had to cheer on the runners (in the rain, no less).
d) somebody has barely run since last year, and can now barely run the length of herself...

The answer is d), but if I had planned to run, all of the above would have provided the perfect excuse to change my mind!!
Now, you all can make the shape of and L, and put it to your foreheads in my honour.
Really, I don't mind...
 
coompax-digital magazine