Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What you Gonna Do with all that Junk?

Don't you just hate that song? Still, it is very fitting for me as I look around at my latest purchases. I have found that I have very little interest in what is in the shops lately, so I have been checking out my favourite junking/thrifting haunts. I love all things vintage, as many of you know, and while I am not in the leagues of those who transform junk as an art form, I do enjoy wielding a can of spray paint in the name of repurposing.

When on a consulting job recently, I found myself on a back road as my route home. I had heard about a true junking spot, where only the die-hards could see gold in the pile of real junk. Being one of those die-hards, I spotted my newest project as soon as I pulled up and scanned the piles...
What do you think I found?
Have you spotted it yet?

A quick trip to the paint store for a can of my favourite blue spray paint, a little fume inhalation, and it (my new stool, below)will be ready for your approval (hopefully). I have the perfect spot for this beauty, and I can't wait to set it in place. I have always yearned for those fun, aluminum stools that you see everywhere...the perfect example of cool retro. Now, I have the next best thing!

If it doesn't rain today you will find me adding yet another colour to my gravel driveway, which will be gone soon, I am happy to report. The only downside? I will have to find a new spot on which to transform my version of junk!

Stay tuned...!
 
coompax-digital magazine