Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Little Landscaping...

Have I mentioned before that my yard is small? Of course, it doesn't help that we used up much of our back garden for our pool (above ground) area. So, adding charm to a geographically challenged area is a challenge in itself.

Sophie planted her own windowbox and vintage baby buggy

You have all seen the playhouse before. While it is complete on the inside, I am slowly, but surely, landscaping around it - attempting to surround it with a cottage-garden feel - as every playhouse deserves. Because our pool deck abuts it, it makes for a pretty barren landscape, indeed. My humble attempt to trick the eye into believing there is more than just deck boards as its vista, led me to do try a little Trompe L'oeuil of my own. Of course, because I am no artist, there was no paint involved...

Here is the before:

And after adding a grapevine garland, a door handle, knocker and some left over lighting from a former reno:

I know, it's not perfect, but it's all I could come up with!

Here is the playhouse with the little bit of landscaping I have done thus far. I still need to add a climber to that trellis, and a little flower bed filled with farm-girl favourites like daisies, cosmos, Sweet William and more. Literally, where that chair sits is basically where my garden ends.

It. is. tiny.

I did finally manage to get my planters filled. I can't wait until they fill in and get lush. I love daisies, so they fill most every container I own. I'll take a daisy over a rose any day...

Which is basically a perfect metaphor for me: more common daisy than elegant rose!!

********************************************

In other news:

I am happy to report that the flip house is sold!! It was listed on a Friday, and sold by that Monday!!

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***************************

And for those who are wondering, I will post my Take a Bow Tuesday feature at 11:59 pm tonight. I may be squeaking it in under the wire, but it will still be Tuesday!!

 
coompax-digital magazine