Thursday, July 2, 2009

Oh, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want!!


Why do I always gravitate to song titles for my own post titles? Probably because I can never remember any of the lyrics to anything. But I can always remember that chorus!!

Anyway, this is a very light and fluffy post for you today, folks, as opposed to the deep and meaningful posts I usually write..hah!! Today, it's all about my shopping fantasies. Those are always fun to share. Basically, what I would do if I had bucket loads of money, access to great shops instead of aimlessly wandering the aisles of Walmart...

Ah well, here is my dream list of what I'd buy with a lottery win (after I did my bit to help solve the world's problems, of course). After all, if you consider what others would blow their money on, my list is quite tame!!

First up, a Big Chill (below), or if I wanted to remain loyal to my fellow Canadians, A North Star fridge.

Seriously, the thought of owning one of those beauties sends shivers of happiness up my neck! Now, in the real world, I could just buy me some of this cool spray paint - meant for painting your refrigerator really fun, retro colours. Does anyone know if they sell this in North America? Those Brits...they are so smart! They know the importance of having a pretty, coloured fridge!!

This photo of my dream camera is just taunting me with its realistic size portrayal. Maybe that's hoe they sell so many. The ad is just too good! I have fantasized about owning one of these beauties for as long as I have drooled over the great photos on some of my favourite blogs. Isn't it pretty? Go on, reach out and touch it. I can just imagine myself clicking away. Well, at least after I studied the manual for six months!!
Now, as much as I love and appreciate my little tent trailer, my upcoming trip to the U.S. would be sooo much more comfortable in this beauty:

photo source: Airstream.com

(If you'd like to see inside, go here).


I would also like these lights...yes please:

photo source: besweden.com

Because you know I love lighting. Honestly, if the handyman were more agreeable, I'd have him change out some of my lights every couple of years. Of course, if I were a lottery winner, I could pay someone else to do it, and the handyman and I could drink cocktails by the pool!

I wonder is this lady knows how lucky she is? I mean, not one, but four beautiful blue chairs to sit and read on? And that view?! If I have any money left over after my big shopping spree, I would recreate this idyllic setting in my own home. I wonder if she won the lottery?


photo source: Coastal Living.com

Because I don't even play the lotto (I just fantasize about winning it...go figure) this list will forever remain my dream list, won't it? Well, maybe someday the camera will be within reach. Won't you all be excited if that day comes, so you won't have to squint at my pathetic personal photos?!

And if you want to see over-the-top spending, check out this: A Big Chill in someones back porch??!! Now that is just showing off!! Frivolous decadent, over-indulgence, pure and simple!

photo source: Big Chill.com

Pfft...I'm not one bit envious!

***********************************

Now check out Julia's "Hooked On" party over at Hooked on Houses. It's quite a patriotic celebration over there!!

 
coompax-digital magazine