Sunday, July 12, 2009

By the Pool Transformations...

Remember this little treasure? Found at a real, bonafide junk spot? Well, look at it now, doing serious lifeguard duty:

The handyman was busy, too, building a changing area so wet feet don't have to track through my house. This is the before photo:

And the after:

Need to see it up close?













I made this little light holder, junk style, because I was trying to copy Ki and her infinite creativity:

Oh, and I gave a make-over to this little beach chair. It used to have Bratz fabric on it (ick!!) so I removed it and sewed up this striped Sunbrella fabric and painted the frame. I also picked up the vintage cooler for $10 at a thrift shop. It is my favourite shade of blue:


I will be unplugged for a few days while I enjoy some summer family time, and will return any emails as soon as I can. I want to thank everyone so much for the kind wishes and comments you gave me with regards to the new magazine. Ki, Matthew and I are overwhelmed and thrilled with the outpouring of support and excitement over this endeavour. Flea Market Style magazine will not fail to please, I can guarantee you that!! We will bring you more updates and answer any questions you have once the blog is up and running...we are aiming for mid-August.
Watch for it!!
***************************************
Check out Kimba's fun blog DIY blog party. I joined up, and so should you!!

 
coompax-digital magazine