Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Chair, or New Slipcover?!

Remember my latest quest for a new slipcover to transform this tired, late 90's-but otherwise-perfectly-fine-chair?

Well, the same seamstress friend who was the mastermind behind my camper's new seat covers and Sophie's bench seat cushion created this latest, beautiful slipcover.
Although I couldn't find the pale, pale blue fabric I was hoping for, a quick grab-and-go from my linen closet yielded some fun trims and details from a floral Pier One table runner and some left-over pom pom fringe. I love the whimsy both little extras add, and with Tabitha's superior talent and workmanship, I think it looks more like a great re-upholstery job than a slipcover.
Isn't that the true test of a great slipcover artist?
The runner came in handy for the arms and cushion accents:
See the pom poms peeking out from the bottom?
As for our latest bundle of joy: here he is, nestled in Sophie's little doll sling - another Tabitha Coleman creation!!

 
coompax-digital magazine