Thursday, July 9, 2009

On the Cover of a Magazine...


Well… not exactly, but I do have news that is so exciting I could pinch myself (if only I could find an inch…hah!).

Now, let’s make this clear: this is not news that affects just me, but also all of you – especially those of you who love the following:

a)vintage style

b) flea markets, thrift shops, occasional sales, salvage shops and yard sales

c) Matthew Mead and Ki Nassauer

d) magazines and

e) all of the above plus recognition for bloggers like you - finally recognized for the inspiration you so willingly share with your peers and the online community!


Without further adieu, I happily announce (as I squeal inside with excitement) the wonderful news that Matthew Mead and Ki Nassauer have pooled their incredible talents as style and junk experts, respectively, to produce and create a new magazine titled,
Flea Market Style – a 144 page newsstand magazine, chock full of vintage-style decorating, projects, collecting tips, special features and more - to be released in early spring, 2010. The magazine cover (at left) is a mock-up and the actual cover will be revealed when the magazine is released!
Now, normally this would be enough to send bubbles of anticipation through me (I love a great magazine), but here’s the icing on the cake for me: Ki and Matthew have invited me along for the incredible ride, and entrusted me in the role of Editor-at Large!! In fact, as I hinted, I will be in charge of bringing the point of view of the blogging community to the magazine and shining the spotlight on some incredibly talented bloggers, on-line shop owners, and Etsy artists. I will also be interviewing and featuring some of your favourite design celebrities to get their take on vintage/flea-market style and more. Matthew and Ki are also pleased to have Heather Bullard on board as a contributor.
Now, I will need someone to lean on for a second as I process this last detail: Matthew and Jenny Mead will be visiting yours truly this summer to photograph pockets of my home! I am beyond thrilled to not only be a part of such a wonderful magazine, but to be able to be a fly (probably a pretty pesky one) on the actual wall of a magazine photo shoot. It is almost more excitement than I can bear!! The only thing better would be if Ki could come along, too!!

Now, lest you think you will have a long wait until you hear more about this magazine, you should know me better. Matthew, Ki and I will be creating a new blog devoted to the making of Flea Market Style Magazine, where you will be invited to follow along on - via snippets of photo shoots, junking adventures, Ki’s Junk Bonanza, and the overall production process. I am so excited to be part of a magazine for home-owners who strive to decorate on a budget, using and repurposing items that are just waiting to be rediscovered and given new pride of place in their homes. I am also excited to fully engage this wonderful community of bloggers I have become part of and I hope you will follow us along on this exciting journey and feel a part of the finished product. We hope to have the blog up and running by mid-August, and we will let you know as soon as it happens.
Ki, Matthew and I truly hope you are as excited to have this new magazine hit newsstands as we are!

 
 
coompax-digital magazine