Thursday, July 23, 2009

Take a Bow Tuesday


Okay, okay, so ignore the fact that it's Thursday. Summer schedules foul things up around these parts, but with so many talented bloggers with so many great ideas to share, I wouldn't dare miss the series completely! I admittedly have less time to peruse blogs these days - somehow little missy wants her mama perched within feet of her, catching every word that she utters, and she utters a lot! She's her mother's daughter, I guess...

Anyway, back to the program. I have some great ones for you and I hope you will head there way and show them some love. You can tell them I sent you, if you like, or not.
Either way, will the following bloggers Take a Bow:
  • Linda Crispell, of her blog of the same name, has a blog chock full of fun, vintage style. Not only does it say so on her banner (which is one of the cutest I've ever seen, and brings me back to my childhood,big time) but her home is decorated with whimsy and from the perspective of an artist, so you know it will be something you haven't seen before. Check out this glimpse into her garden and then dig through her archives to see even more of her home. Linda is FUN!!

  • Watch the Wind Blow By is a great blog. She hasn't posted in a while, but when checking her site recently I was reminded how talented (and fun!) she really is. Chris @ Just Beachy's post about painting wood cabinets reminded me to feature Marie's fantastic kitchen make-over. She painted out some oak cabinets and it will make you think, why doesn't everyone paint cabinets they don't like?!

  • Manuela was one of the first blogs I discovered when I started blogging. Her home is so beautiful, and I love that she shares my desire to decorate on a budget. Check out these adorable plant markers she made. I think they would be especially fun as personalized "place cards" for the dinner table.
  • Seeing that it's summer and I love camping (and campers), check out Suzanne's post about vintage campers she discovered on a recent trip. Scroll down to my favourite, the Shasta Daisy one, but also take some time to read some of Suzanne's posts. Her writing alone makes hers a blog worth visiting.
  • Now that Lanny has a new, fancy pants camera, her pictures literally jump off the pages of her blog! I love checking out her blog just for the sensory experience alone of seeing such great images, and Lanny's sweet personality always shines through, too. Speaking of camping, S'mores are a campfire staple, and Lanny put a fun spin on the experience. She left me wondering, "Why didn't I think of that?"
*******************************************

A few other tidbits to pass along:
  • Ohdeedoh has a great article about family summer camps, another great alternative to dragging the kids all around points of interest in the heat, only to realize they're completely bored. Sound familiar, because it does to me?!! Being a bit of a negative Nelly (no offence to any Nellies out there), I figured there would never be any near me (or outside of California or Portland, Oregon - where everything seems to be!), but there was one in Maine. Too bad I just decided I will never drive in a car with my kids for more than four hours!
  • Carol of Long Ramblings has a great give-away going on at her blog. If you like decals and want to win one, head on over to Carol's site. Don't forget to have a look around. Her blog is a lot of fun!
 
coompax-digital magazine