Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Keepin' It Real...part two

How am I keepin' it real?
  • To start: I have no idea what part one was about but this title is vaguely familiar...
  • I missed my Take a Bow Tuesday series this week. It didn't take me long to foul that up, did it? Let's aim for Take a Bow Thursday this week, 'cept I'm not changing the photo!
  • Remember I said I wasn't going to do much besides clean in preparation for Matthew Mead's visit? Yeah, right! I've been eyeing that bucket of paint all evening. Sorry, Matthew! I can't honestly pretend that I'm so cool as to take this in stride. I didn't fool any of you either, I bet!
  • It took me all evening to clean my bedroom. I forgot you're supposed to dust lampshades, who keeps up with that? Of course, it didn't help that I allowed myself to be distracted every time I left the room. I remembered the top of the fridge probably shouldn't have sticky dust, and I figured the wasp I killed last week probably shouldn't have his final resting spot be the windowsill in the living room. While in the bathroom, I realized I'd better reorganize the linen closet. The boys probably doesn't need Buzz Light Year bath toys anymore...
  • The yard has not one, but two dead mice in the grass. Whose stupid idea was it to have two cats??!! I'll have to scrounge up a shovel and a couple of bucks and bribe one of the boys to deal with the carcasses...nice!
  • I haven't posted since Monday! Honestly, I'm too scatterbrained to come up with anything but drivel (case in pint: this post!), but I will honour my Take A Bow Tuesday/Thursday commitment tomorrow. Small goals, they're the best kind!
Not even any photos. How's that for performance??
 
coompax-digital magazine