Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to Basics...

Well, it's official: the kids are back to school as of yesterday, and I need to get my act together and make some sense of the disorder running rapmant in the corners, cupbooards, cabinets, and closets of my home!
I find myself dreading opening my fridge...knowing it has a summers worth of crud waiting for me to attack (along with some outdated food items!). I need to go through the kids' (and our) closets to weed out the really summery clothing that just doesn't look good after Labour Day. My garage is a complete and utter embarassment: how it got that way is beyond me. At this point, I open the door from the mudroom, close my eyes, toss the recycables in the general direction of the bins and say a quick prayer!
 It overwhelms me like you cannot even imagine.

Then I go over here and visit our favourite GIRL. I love this blogger - she makes me laugh out loud at her posts and dry wit; but lately I just feel bad about myself when I visit, and it's entirely my own fault!! Chris is the quintessential "should have been a professional organizer". Instead, she is an ultra organized cute school teacher (same diff!) who leaves me swinging between sheer and utter envy/ admiration and the urge to pinch myself really hard for letting my home fall into such disorder over the summer. Still, because I love her, I choose to be inspired and try to learn from her orderly ways.
She's a teacher after all...!
Check out these examples of what my house should look like, and will, if I have anything to say about it!
I feel some Madonna music coming on and a large pot of coffee!!!
all images, Just a Girl

********************************************
Head on over to Julia's Hooked on Party. While I'm hooked on organization this week, she shares a really "sweet passion" herself, along with some other great links from fellow readers!
 
coompax-digital magazine