Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Take a Bow Tuesday...


As usual, there's a whole lot of creativity going on in the blogging community. I have been too busy with other things lately to get creative with my own house, so a project or two is long overdue! Hopefully, October will be my month to get crafty and make something. In the meantime, I will take notes and add inspiration from all of you to my to-do file.

Inspiration like this:



  • That Mrs. Limestone just keep making me look bad! As you may or may not know, I have three cats. Three cats!!
Sure, I take good care of them. Food, water, ample snuggling and patting, but where do they sleep? Well, wherever they please, as long as they don't wake me. But do I give it much thought?
Well, no.
But Mrs. Limestone sure does. Check this out, and feel forever guilty (or inspired if you're not lazy like me!!). That woman is brilliant, I say, brilliant!!

  • I recently stumbled across this lovely blog. I love everything about it, especially the beautiful inspiration she roots out for her readers like this: a weekly Flickr favourites series. Honestly, you will think you've landed in heaven with all of the loveliness on display at her blog!


  • If you have kids but not a big house (or just *too many* kids!), this post over at Design Dazzle is perfect for you. In fact, it especially appelaed to me because way back when, I set out on a series of posts about decorating kids rooms, and my finale was supposed to be about kids shared bedrooms and how to make them work. Hah! Now I don't have to write that one..just head on over and see for yourself!!

  • Considering it's back to school time again, you can never have enough coat/backpack storage, now can you? Lucky for us, Suzie Harris is like-minded and shares a great rustic inspired coat rack tutorial over on her blog. Check it out...it's easy enough for the rest of us!!
  •  
  • Now, bloggers are notorious for being first up on the seasonal decorating bandwagon, and this fall is no different. For those of you who are looking ahead, check out this fun tutorial (over at Lipstick and Laundry) for dough Halloween/Fall ornaments to hang on a cute little tree. Affordable, creative fun that you can even involve the kids with.
Oh, and in case you are wondering, I'm still clinging to summer with nary a thought of the upcoming holidays!!
 
Last but not least, if  you are a lover of all things vintage with a modern twist, you must head over to Vintage Indie, where you will fit right in and happily spend hours perusing their site. And it just so happens that my little abode is being featured over there today (and I was interviewed). I'm not sure if my house measures up to the other great inspiration found there, but I am entirely grateful anyway!! Oh, and they just announced the launch of Vintage Indie Kids...which  will be a source for great style ideas!
 
 
coompax-digital magazine