Sunday, November 15, 2009

A creative weekend...and a favour asked!

This past weekend, I headed home to see my family and enjoy a quick get-away from a little bout of cabin fever I was experiencing. As much as I love my little town, sometimes I jsut need to stretch my wings a bit, you know? A nice dinner out with my mum and sister, and a little bit of crafting, shopping and some Starbucks coffee, and I'm a new woman!



Check out what I made, inspired by one of the most talented artisans in the blogosphere, Jerusalem, from My Little Life. I hope she doesn't mind that I brazenly copied her great idea! In my defence, I couldn't buy one from her shop, but she does sell the most gorgeous banners on her Etsy site. You must check them out!!

Here are my bottles in  a close-up:


I stamped a plain luggage tag with a Santa stamp, poured in some mica snow/glitter, some great stickers (from Michaels) for the outside of the bottles, and little bottle brush trees for the top. I then glittered the outside of the bottles with white glitter from Walmart. You can embellish them using any Christmasy items you have kicking around in a craft drawer. The goal is to keep it simple and inexpensive!


*************************************
Now for the favour:
Toni, from Design Dazzle wrote to inform me that I/Sophie's playhouse am in the running to win the top prize in her Top Ten Design Dazzlers. According to Toni, a  Design Dazzler is a person who dazzles with design and decorating skills. Yikes! I'm honoured, indeed! She says I can win a prize for such an honour - in fact, I can win $500 worth of gift certificates!! She has several sponsors offering gift certificates: Design Dazzle, Red Envelope, Lollipop Rascals, Sosobella Designs and more. To win, the post about Sophie's playhouse has to receive the most comments. One posted comment equals one vote. The commenters can say anything they would like about my idea. Only comments made on my post beginning Monday, November 16th (12:01 am) and ending Friday, Nov. 20th at 1:00 pm (pacific) will be counted, and only one comment per person daily is counted.


What's in it for you?




There is a total of $500 in prizes and gift certificates to be won by those leaving comments on any of the 10 design dazzler nominees posts (3 winners will share the prize)!


So, if you please, head on over and toss me a vote(simply by commenting), will you?

****************************************

I love this photo of Sophie and her cousin, Ella, posing with the models at Old Navy:


 
coompax-digital magazine