Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Pretty, Little Laundry Room...



I think it's no secret that I love a pretty laundry room. Let's face it, none of us can truly escape the chore everybody loves to hate. For the record, I don't hate doing laundry; I just despise putting it away!
Regardless, having a pretty spot to sort, soak, launder and fold makes the task more pleasurable.
For example, there is nothing like daydreaming at a pretty vintage sign - like the one in Serena's (of the Farm Chicks fame) laundry room. Yes, this pretty space takes up residence in Serena's home. I was struck by how pretty, fresh and sweet this room is, and although I am content with my little laundry space - carved out of my main bathroom - I sure wouldn't mind having a more generous room like this to tackle the dirty business of washing mountains of clothes each week.


Serena's taste is impeccable and I share her love of the Cath Kidston bits and bobs that she has sprinked throughout her laundry room. Somehow I don't think sweaty socks and gym gear would look (or smell) as pretty balled up in those hampers. Don't you love the red and white gingham wallpaper she used? Does it make you want to run out and scour the wallpaper shops for something equally cheery?

Don't we all deserve a pretty jail cell?

***********************************************

Here's another peek at what my own looks like:


Not bad...when it's not piled up with dirty clothes!!
 
coompax-digital magazine